الخميس، 25 ديسمبر 2014

A Cat at Christmas Night





 
I met a cat tonight
I met a little cute and adorable cat tonight while I was out for walk. It was after Sunset and I almost close to finish my walking and back home
 
She was cute White-Grey one with a beautiful green eyes. I was walking near the Italian Restaurant "Bella Italia" at Wyatt Earp Blvd, heading fourteenth to back home from Comanche. I was having fun with my own, walking, listening to my Arabic music "Elisa's New Album" and feeling unlimited joy when  I suddenly noticed a cat following me walking so close to me, and trying to stop me by sticking on me
..
In the beginning, I thought she's just like any other pet, will leave me a lone once I tell her go away or say: Hoosh. I told her to go away but she didn't listen.. I said: "Hey, Catty go away, Let me keep walking, she again didn't listen. I said  Hoooosh.. go away" but she was still after me. More then that she didn't let me move forward, even one step. That strange cute cat started to stick on me, she didn't care about what I was saying to her she just kept sticking on my boots, and on my jeans. she laid on my black boots. and some times she was lyin on the floor seems like she was begging me  to take her home. I thought she's playing with me but then I started to figure it out this cat isn't playing. it's trying to tell me something. I asked her " Are Cold honey? tell me are you starving? What you need Catty?? or let's name you... Mmmm, "Lucky". I will name  you "LUCKY", because you're lucky 
I  told her let's call  911, but she didn't let me touch my phone or make any call. I begged her to let me help her. Ii some how, it was a funny and weird situation what I experienced tonight. I finely could call  911 and told the officer about the cat, my location and all the regular information. The officer gave me the animals shelter's number. I thanked him and told him please officer, hang up the phone because I can't, the cat doesn't let me. Then I called the shelter, There was a lady who answered me. I told her about the cat and gave her where I'm located. She told me that they'll coming.
.
While I was waiting for their arrival, I started to talk to the cat, tried to tell her she will be fine. She was a friendly cat. I put my hands on her tried to warm her while I was watching her.
That cute -green eyes- cat was insisting that I take her home. She also tried to climb me as a wall or a Tree ))))),  But as I know myself, I'm not ready for that responsibility. I told her :" Sorry caty, I can't take you home honey.. I'm not ready to take care of you or any other pet. not ready for that responsibility. I will remember the way she looked at me. It was totally disappointed look. It seemed like she understood what I said. In some how I was living that moments from a Hallmark Movie called: "The Nine Lives of Christmas".  That movie, when the Fire Fighter found a cat rescue him from the dog and brought him home to find his family but the cat insist to stay with the fire man. The hallmark movie cat  had a name "Embrous" while the lost cat that followed me didn't carry anything shows her name on her neck, but she was totally friendly, Grey-White cat with beautiful green eyes.
I was standing with her on "Wyatt  Earp", destructing myself by talking to her and getting know her  and asking her about her family?. the weather was getting cold and after maybe twenty minutes or twenty five the Shelter workers came over. There were a nice lady and a young man. The lady called the cat and the catty easily and fast run to her  arms. The lady hold the cat and gave me a smile. I asked her is this your cat Ma'me?. She nicely answered: "No, I'm from the shelter.".  I smiled back and said: "So, you're the one whom I talked to on the Phone?" she replied: Yes

 At that moment, I felt relief, thanked them for coming for the cat, gave them both a big appreciation smile and said: 'Merry Christmas to you both'.  They both smiled back and replied: "Merry Christmas to you too" . I was watching them getting in their  Blue "Ford" Truck and driving away. It seemed I finely  became free, could able to move forward and back to my walking system again, but after five minutes of walking, I started to think about that cat, and wonder Why she didn't let me take even one step forward? Is this some kind of sign from GOD. that tells me tonight I should go home from this point. I felt that I should take the short way home, forget about taking the long way, that extra distance "Fourteenth" and Comanche".  I decided to listen to my inner voice, took the short way and after maybe fifteen minutes I was home. All that fifteen minutes, I was thinking about "Lucky" that cute cat. I felt that she was an angel watching over me.  It was totally a wonderful feeling. such a Blessing

I thanked GOD that I found "Lucky" tonight, that beautiful cat, that I saved her and handed her to the shelter's. Although the fact tells that Lucky saved me in some how from something I don't know. Tonight, on my way Home,  Some of my -western- neighbors were out. They were in  the front yard of their home, wearing The Christmas Costumes specially "Santa Hat". Some of those neighbor were standing at the attorney's front yard. Others were around their car at the opposite side of the street, in front of the U.S Soldier's house
 
It seems they were keep saying: "Merry Christmas" to me while I was putting my head phone, making the volume loud, and listening to my favorite Arabian singer "Elissa Khoury" and her new song: "Hob Kol Hayati", so I couldn't hear them from the beginning, but when I noticed  a group of youth starring at me, looked like they are waiting  for my respond or something. and also when I felt like some one keep calling me or talking to me. At that point I stopped and turned around to look at the Scot-Irish group that I just passed.
I took my Head-Phone off,  to see what's going on. There were two guys from the group keep saying: "Merry Christmas To You"  while the rest of others starring at me wondering what my respond would be?. For me, It was totally surprised. Although they know I'm a Muslim girl and wearing the HIJAB, They liked to give me their Christmas greetings and I accepted it.  It was nice from them any way, It was nice that some of my neighbors saying "Hi".  I said : "Merry Christmas" to them and apologized to them, told them that I was not ignoring but my Arabic Music was loud and also said
Have a Good Night
...

Tonight, You -dear readers- can say that I had The Joy and the Blessing of the Holidays



 

هناك تعليقان (2):

  1. With those amazing words of yours. I swear you'll make people fall in love with your little kitty ❤ not only me

    lol

    ردحذف
  2. Seems you already missed her a lot, because you never stop talking about her
    since that night, lol.. Let's give her a visit this weekend. Just in case you wanna know about her as you keep telling me day and night

    lol

    ردحذف